Baltimore Rotary Club
Rotary was founded in 1905 as the world’s first volunteer service organization and now includes 35,000 clubs and 1.2 million members in more than 150 countries. Our motto – Service Above Self – conveys our humanitarian spirit. Rotary brings dedicated professionals together to exchange ideas, build relationships and take action. To date, Rotary has donated $3.2 billion to fight poverty and disease and sponsored countless non-profit programs worldwide; we have been instrumental in the worldwide initiative to eradicate polio.
The Baltimore Rotary Club was chartered in 1912 and remains one of the longest-standing chapters of Rotary International. Each year, Baltimore Rotary:
- Raises and donates more than $100,000 to local organizations that improve the lives of Baltimore residents;
- Sponsors youth programs, summer camps, scholarships, and other initiatives;
- Provides professional expertise to Baltimore non-profits to help them grow, thrive, spread their message and achieve their goals;
- Provides financial support for selected International causes.
Some of the Baltimore Rotary Club sponsored events include:
- Annual Oyster Roast Fundraiser
- Carnival for Campers at the League for People with Disabilities’ Camp Greentop
- Crab Feast at the end of summer, and
- Annual members’ trip to New York.
The Baltimore Rotary Club meets for lunch every Tuesday at 12:15 PM at the Hyatt Regency Inner Harbor, 300 S. Light Street. If you are interested in becoming a Rotarian, please contact us.