Immediate Past President
More About The Rotary Club Of Baltimore
The Rotary Club of Baltimore is a group of business owners and professionals who share a common interest in improving life in Baltimore and in the world. We do this through philanthropy and service. Historically, our membership has focused on monetary support of organizations who are successfully doing good work and on providing pro bono professional services, e.g., service on non-profit boards of directors. Our members participate in various committees to operate the club and distribute our charitable funds and organize and/or support service projects with other clubs. We sponsor two major projects with clubs in the Dominican Republic: an annual dental clinic and a new water project. We, on occasion, participate in a local “pop-up” project with other community groups.
Advantages to membership include our informative weekly programs, and the access to share and absorb information from peers around the community. Rotary’s ‘Four Way Test’ is an important factor binding members and their business relationships.
We need a variety of talents and skills, and we especially need a new generation of Baltimoreans to join and become active so that our club can continue to thrive.
Our basic expectation for members is regular participation in weekly meetings and service on at least one committee or board. There’s a lot to do:
- Youth Services, Community and Vocational Service, and International Service committees determine how to distribute our charitable funds (~ $140K annually).
- Scholarship Foundation Board reviews applications for college scholarships from juniors at the seven area private universities (~ $21,000).
- Operations committees (Meeting programs, PR, Membership, Fundraiser, Special projects)
- Club board of directors and officers
- Baltimore Rotary Foundation Board approves recommendations for charitable donations, oversees fund investment manager
The dues are $600 per year, payable quarterly.